Kino Hot Picks
Kino All-time Top 100 rental titles
Blu-Ray High Definition
Oscar Winners . . . Best Picture
AACTA - AFI Winners . . . Best Picture
Members' Top 100 requested Titles
Send a Gift
We take the issues surrounding your personal data seriously.
kino.com.au is owned and operated by Kino Australia Pty Ltd.
We collect information from you for the sole purpose of delivering our service to you.
The following policy outlines the nature of information needed,
why it is needed and the security measures we undertake to protect your privacy.
- Collection and use of information
The personal information Kino requests from you will include:
- your full name, address and contact details
- your email address
- valid credit/debit card details (including type, number and expiry date)
- your chosen Kino password
- your movie selection preferences (as posted on your Hitlist)
This information is needed for the following purposes:
- credit checks
- debt collection
- notification of changes to Kino plans, terms or policies
- mailing of stock
- communication with you on Kino matters and news
- giving you access to your billing and rental history with Kino
- Kino member support
- Sharing and disclosure
Kino will not share, disclose or sell your personal information to any third party under any circumstances without prior permission except where:
- Kino is required by law to disclose information and/or
- it is essential for the performance of our service such as for mailing, hosting, billing or debt collection purposes.
- Security and storage of information
All information you provide is stored on secure servers that are protected in secure facilities incorporating firewall protection.
Your personal and credit/debit card information is protected by 128-bit SSL-encryption. We have strict internal policies and procedures to protect your personal information from unauthorised access.
Your Kino account information is password protected. You should keep your password confidential, and periodically change it for greater security.
Kino regularly backs up the information it has stored to prevent loss and maintain services.
Kino stores cookies on your computer's hard drive. Cookies are small pieces of data that are sent to your browser
from a Web server. Cookies are used to streamline processes such as the sign-in process so you don't need to retype
the sign-in information each time you visit the Kino site. Cookies are also used for security purposes and allow Kino
to gather usage information which we use to administer and enhance our service and the website.
We use the Google Adwords free conversion tracking feature. If your browser is set to not accept cookies, you will not be able to use the Kino site or service. Refer to FAQs for more information on cookies.
Despite our best efforts, no information transmitted via the internet is necessarily totally secure, and you provide it to us at your own risk.
Any changes to our policy on privacy will be notified on the website. Previous versions will be superseded by this process.